Sunday, December 28, 2008

This is the day!

Well, at least in MY mind. I have decided that today I am going to have this baby. I don't know what he has planned, but that is what I have decided.

And, generally, in spite of the lack of sleep, and the toddler being up several times, for long stretches, last night, I have a surprising amount of energy, emotional if not physical. Some of it has to do with the Christmas season. We had a glorious Advent, and our church has some lovely Christmas traditions. We went to the Family Service on Christmas Eve, because of the time, and the fact that there was child care. It was really nice. And we had a really low-key Christmas Day here, just the three of us. Jonathan doesn't really "get" Christmas yet, and since none of the rest of the family were here, there were only a few presents to open, so it wasn't the chaos that some experience.

I did bake a ham, which, when pulled apart, is apparently going to feed us well into the baby's second year. And then we went out to the Festival of Lights at Bull Run. It is a bit overrated, but we knew that Jonathan would enjoy seeing all the different things, and, indeed he did. And, shockingly, he fell asleep on the way home, and we just put him in bed when we got here. At 6:30 p.m. Did you see that, people? My hubs and I got a surprising Christmas present....several HOURS in the evening all to ourselves. Nice.

And we have run all of the pre-baby errands that seem to need to be run: Costco, Babies R Us, the grocery, etc. All of the people who are on-call for labor are back in town, clothes are being washed as we speak, etc. I think we are as set as we are going to be for this new arrival. We went to church last night for Lessons and Carols. What a worshipful time it was for me. Just what I needed.

And now we wait. I am not as anxious as I was, probably because everyone has been praying for me. And, as I said, I have a shocking amount of emotional energy. Not that I am going to channel it into cleaning bathrooms or anything, egads. (Oh, speaking of bathrooms, our master bath toilet decided to start leaking like a sieve on Christmas. Lovely. So, we have the water turned off. Good thing we have other bathrooms in the house.)

Actually, my emotional energy is high enough that I almost titled this post "Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning" and started the body of it off with "It's time to rise and shine..."

Does anyone remember that from the 70's? Mom used to come into our room and chirp that to us to wake us up. Needlesstosay, we found it annoying at best. But that is the chirpy mood I am in. Which may change on a whim.

So....I will post the birth story stuff here.

If you want a more timely announcement of the baby, you can follow me on Twitter, or send me an email, and I will put you on the "announcement" email.

As Tigger would say, "TTFN: Ta Ta for Now!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get the fun news!! And yes, my mom would wake me and my brother up all the time saying, "It's time to rise and shine!" Sometimes I even do that to my hubby, and I know I'll do it with our kiddos, too. Sorry to hear about your bathroom. :( I hope you have a wonderful day and take care! Wishing you the best and thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....

Now I am wondering if the 28th was the big day???

You are lucky! I hope all is well with you.