When one is in the last month of pregnancy, it is really hard to think of anything else other than being pregnant. Seriously. Even though Christmas is almost upon us, and there are a million things that I could/should be doing, this all about being pregnant.
So, I tried to "turn" the baby myself last night by doing some pelvic tilts on the floor, with some support. They say to get your hips 9-12 inches higher than your head. Doesn't sound like much, until you do it. ACK. Couldn't breathe. Said to hold position for at least five minutes, not more than 15. Not bloody likely.
Anyhoooo, so I was thinking about what I like and don't like about being pregnant. The latter list will be longer.
What I like:
1) Good hair, skin and nails. Really good. And that is important, because when you feel like a whale, it is good to know that you glow. (And thanks, S, for the compliment today...sorry I totally brushed it off.)
2) Ability to eat more than usual (though not much, because there is no room in the belly.)
3) Excuse to sit. I know I am supposed to exercise more, but I count chasing Jonathan as enough exercise for anyone.
What I don't like:
1) The constant urge to find the nearest restroom, only to find that the result did not warrant a special, emergency trip.
2) The inability to turn over in bed, or get out of a couch, without ropes and pulleys.
3) The sieve that my brain has become.
4) The disinterest in this holiday time.
Both lists to be continued.
Funny Jonathan story.
Yesterday, he and his dad were "working" in the basement. Jonathan was playing with a portable radio, and using it like a phone. And this is what I heard, verbatim, from the top of the stairs:
"Hell-wo Little Bear. I am going to pick up acorns and sticks outside. Yes, I am fine. Now I will talk to Mother Bear. Hell-wow Mother Bear. I am going to pick up sticks. Goodbye Mother Bear. Now I will talk to Father Bear. Father Bear, I am going to pick up acorns and sticks outside. Yes. Thank you. Ok, Good-bye. *kissing noise* Good-bye."
The boy is only 27 months old.