Monday, January 05, 2009

Labor (or pre-labor?) part two

I am home from hospital.
More work to do here, apparently.

Details follow. If you don't want them, cease reading here.

******************

Went this morning b/c baby was sideways
and wanted it checked and was starting to bleed a
little. Normally this wouldn't bother me, except that
Jonathan was breech and I am a bit wiggy about the whole
thing.

But "checking" with doctor who is an attending in the hospital seems to mean
admittance to Labor and Delivery.

Good news is that am dilated and things are starting
but the baby not engaged in pelvis.

They sent me home after five hours. I wanted to leave, although they would have been happy to have me stay, because of the worry of the previous Section.
And the fact that the baby not engaged.
Without previous C/S they would have sent me home pretty immediately.

Contractions coming frequently but not "labor"
just "prelabor". Whatever. They aren't long enough. But they certainly feel HARD enough.

Hate the hospital. Not that one particularly, just in general.
They were nice. But have three IV holes. Which HURT.
Two attempts, and then a third success. Which will have to be
REDONE when I go back in to actually have this kid.

Wireless there is difficult on itouch.

Will take laptop next trip. Didn't plan on being admitted today.

Beth came this morning then Kristen came to stay with Jonathan.
Mom just came and took him down to Tapp for a day or two.
Supposed to sleet and freeze rain tonight.
Lovely.
My doula sent me home to eat and drink and sleep. So, the first two have been done.
Now, onto the next one.

More anon....

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

oh mama.

I don't want to say much because I am confident you are finding most comments (online and in real life) to be quite irritating about now.

still prayin' for ya.