Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The haircut

Thomas had beautiful curls, as shown in the previous post.

But he used them like a napkin, necessitating a hair scrub, if not a full bath, every
day.


Also, he is a sweaty little kid and his hair would be soaking wet after an afternoon at the park.



Marcus thought he was hot and miserable and asked me to get his hair cut. Since Marcus doesn't weigh in very much on these issues, I listened to him.

The haircut, from Thomas' point of view:


Beautiful curls.

I am fine with my beautiful curls, mommy. Can't you tell?


You wanna do WHAT? Cut them OFF? No.


This feels weird.


Hey, pretty girl cutting my hair, lollipop to suck on, life isn't too bad!


Still pretty happy, even missing half my hair.


I think I must now be quite serious, as I am now a big boy.

And what has big brother Jonathan been doing this whole time? All swimming, all the time:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute curls but he STILL looks adorable in hew new big boy haircut.

Julia said...

So cute! As a mother of girls, I have never had that 1st haircut drama in quite the same way. What an adorable little boy he is...

Erin said...

Isn't it amazing how a hair cut makes them grow up so much? That's why I'm so hesitant to cut my Thomas's hair... I don't want to change his baby face!

A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly said...

Wow, Thomas was SO good! Will acts like we're trying to kill him when we cut his hair.