Tuesday, July 06, 2010

And HEY, there are pictures!

I promised you photos. So, here they are.

This is a great pic taken this past weekend, on July 4, the boys with Great-Grampa. My mom's dad. He is 92. Thomas is almost 18 months and Jonathan will be four at the end of August. Precious.



These are the beautiful curls on my Baby. Toddler. Soon to be a little boy. I have got to get his hair cut. I don't want to lose the curls, but he is so hot with them, and he uses them as a napkin. But, oh my heart.....



Huh, that reminds me of another little boy (taken when HE was 19 months old).....



Who has turned into quite the sun worshipper.



And yeah, that is a slate patio. On the Fourth of July. In Virginia. He only lay down for about three and a half seconds. And I added that dark "towel" to the picture of him. Because I can and should.

Oh, and you guys were all interested in how wonderfully Thomas is sleeping, right? Well we got a nifty little video monitor so we could tell if he were standing up in bed hollering for us, or if he was just rolling around trying to get back to sleep. Pretty nifty, eh?


You can see the whole crib. Well, nearly the whole crib. And it is infared or some such technology that allows us to see into the crib at night. Coolness. Sometimes you see chubby legs crossed at the ankles. Sometimes a little bum up in the air.

He likes his crib. I thought I would grab a shot of him just waking up from a nap or something. He doesn't look too happy about being photographed, does he?


And that is what I expect to see when I look at the video monitor (only he would be asleep, and not from that angle, but you know what I mean.) However, often I see this.


Which would be fine if I hadn't JUST PUT THE BABY IN THE CRIB AND LEFT THE ROOM.

The number of times that I have seen this and had a slight heart attack is more than I would care to admit. Because he hasn't piffed out of his crib or been raptured. He is there. Really. See?



I have no idea how he fits himself into that tiny area, but he does, curled up in a tight little ball. I suspect that little nubbin that you see is the edge of his bottom as he is pressed cross-wise up against the head of the crib.

Anyway. I hope you enjoyed. And one last gratuitous cuteness photo, the boys making a train out of boxes from a Costco run:


4 comments:

Jeni said...

CUTE boys!! I didn't realize our kids are so close in age. Wendy will be 4 at the end of September, and David is 13 1/2 months.

Kimberly said...

Those are WONDERFUL pictures! They sure had me laughing. :)

Gretchen said...

Ha....Marnina still crams herself into the small end of her crib (with toddler side rail) to sleep - and she'll be 4 in September!

So glad to hear that the sleeping is going better! I can't imagine going without decent amounts of sleep as long as you have done....inhuman - and remind them often as they grow up;)

Cute, Cute, Cute pictures. Hug those boys!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love family photos like that! And we have a video monitor, too. Love it!

Steph